Aaron and I decided to take a small day trip yesterday July 10th, 2008 (Thurday). We wanted to get away from the heat and all the smoke that has been in the air from the wild fires. Looking out the window you could easily forget it's summer time. The sky is so grey it looks like it's about to rain. Of course as soon as you step outside into the 105+ degree heat you are reminded that winter is definitely not here!! We drove to Muir Beach and let the boys play in the ocean. This was our first time taking the boys to the ocean. It was hilarious, Colton was terrified of the water at first, but slowly grew to love it. Macray and Colby instantly loved it. Macray has been to the ocean with his Mom before, but this was his first time with Dad, Elle, and his brothers. We had so much fun. I have been waiting for the day I got to take our boys to the beach. I am not sure why it ranked so high on my things to do with my kids.
Maybe it's my love for the ocean and all the memories I have of it from growing up as a child. The ocean has always amazed me. After an afternoon at the beach we took the boys to Pier 39 and let them see all the boats and Sea Lions. We ate a yummy dinner at Bubba Gumps and then drove home. The boys had so much fun driving on the bay bridge. They all raised their arms and screamed like they were on a roller coaster. From that point on Colton identified every bride as the "Bay Bridge". The only problem was that "Bridge" sounded like a word you would use when referring to a female dog. By the time we got home all three boys were passed out and in a coma. It was a great ending to a beautiful day with my family. It's days like this I realize how blessed I am and realize the beauty in life and all that God has created. At the very bottom of these post is a video of the boys running into the ocean. This was before they got completely comfortable.





1 comment:
Oh, it looks like a great time! What a fun memory! Well, I think you may be able to run circles around me at this point. Who's crazy idea was it to run a marathon in the first place! :) I need to get me butt into shape! We should make a jogging date, strollers and all! This week I have been pretty busy, but maybe this next week on one of your days off. Love, Charity
Post a Comment