Our beautiful family!

Our beautiful family!
Aaron, Macray, Michelle, Colton, & Colby

Friday, June 13, 2008

So many things...

Today, 06/13/08 (Friday), the boys and I started off the day with a drive down to Vacaville to meet Aunt Kelly and cousin Morgan at the Nut Tree. We first did a little shopping at Old Navy and then went to Rubio's for lunch since the park didn't open until 12pm. Once the park open we headed over to take the kids on a few rides. We went on the train, the motorized cars, and the Carousel. It was 97 degrees outside, but it felt so more like 110 degrees. Maybe it was from chasing the kids around. After we were done with the rides we treated ourselves to some Fenton's ice cream. I must admit that the day went a lot more smoothly than I had imagined it would have. Colton was asleep before we even left the parking lot and Colby was asleep before we even hit the freeway home. It was great to see Kelly and catch up. Kelly is expecting a little boy come this August and it sounds like Morgan is excited to be a big sister. I am looking forward to meeting my first nephew!!! I so far have six nieces which I love them all very much, but am definitely looking forward to having a nephew. I will actually have two nephews before the year is over. Jeannette, Aaron's sister, is expecting a little boy in September. This year definitely seems to be the year of babies.



After we got home from The Nut Tree we decided to just lounge and hang out around the house during the afternoon. Colton fell back asleep on the couch with Daddy and Colby and I played with bubbles outside. When Colby blows bubbles its is the funniest thing watch. He puts his lips on the bubble wand and then inhales in before he exhales. The video below shows you what happened next. If you look closely to his mouth, when he talks and laughs you can see bubbles come out of his mouth. Colby loves playing with his bubbles and can be occupied for hours. He
likes to blow the bubbles at our dog Pepper and watch her chase them and try to eat them.


That night we went over to my grandparents house to celebrate my Grandma Junie's Birthday and Father's Day for my Grandpa Kenny. Also, my Aunt Debbie and Mondo were in town from Los Angeles. They just recently moved to California from Colorado. It's been great having them live closer, especially since we get to see them more! My parents were also there to celebrate. The boys had a lot of fun and got spoiled by their Great Grandma and all her special baked goods. By the time we got home the boys were in a coma. It was nice to get home and be able to relax. No kids crying because they didn't want Mommy and Daddy to leave their room until they fell asleep. We so need to start working on this whole bed time thing. Bedtime at our house takes about an hour every night!! Hopefully it is just a two year old phase. Oh well, I will take this one night of freedom.

3 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Oh yeah for Jeannette - she is having a boy! I have been wondering about that. Michelle I am so thankful that some of the Kacalek clan is FINALLY putting up blogs. Between the 10 cousins (Don and Annette's kids) - we are now up to 19 kiddos with at least two more baking. Tough to arrange a reunion considering the kid factor. :) Adding your blog to my feed reader so I can keep up with my Kacalek family.

Beautiful boys you have! So far the only Kacalek kids we have had the opportunity to see is Cheyenne and Jaimen. The last time we saw any of the Kacaleks was at Darren and Kelly's wedding and my oldest was 3 months old at the time - he is now SEVEN. :)

Your cousin-in-love - Doni

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Glad you have a blog, the last time I saw and actually met for the first time, was at Darren and Kelly's wedding. I now have three kids. Our blog is suchaweeranch@blogspot.
Good to hear all about your family and beautiful boys.
Brooke Zimmermann (Daniel's wife)

Ray and Janell said...

hey cousins! we've been having california weather here in the midwest all summer. it's weird (and nice at the same time) to go out every morning and have it feel like we're living in another state -- one with cool temperatures, no humidity and gentle breezes. how long can this last? :-)