So last Friday, May 23rd 2008, Colby and Colton were playing in the backyard and some how managed to cover themselves with mud. Aaron and I put them both in the shower to clean up. While in the shower they thought it would be funny to spray a whole can of their Daddy's shaving cream all over the shower and the start playing slip and slide in it. I immediately got on them and told them to stop before one of them got hurt. Not more than 30 seconds later I hear a loud thud in the shower. I run over and see Colby holding his chin and repeating "ouch, ouch, ouch". His chin was red but wasn't bleeding. I took my hand and began to rub it under his chin. As I pulled my hand back my fingers began to catch on a flap of skin and immediately it started to bleed. After a quick analysis from Dr. Daddy, he determined that Colby was going to need stitches. Aunt April came over to watch Colton and off to the emergency room we went. Colby's chin needed 5 stitches!! I felt so bad for him. They basically had to strap him down and then cover all of his face except for his chin in order to put the stitches in. He started crying because he was scared, but when they were actually doing the stitches he did really well. After it was all done we took Colby to get a special treat for being so brave. Colby's stitches came out just this last Thursday, May 29th, 2008. Aaron refused to drive down to the doctors office and pay a co-pay to have a doctor take the stitches out. So again, Dr. Daddy came to the rescue and removed 4 of his stitches. Aaron then somehow convinced me to remove the last one. It wasn't too bad, but I still have no desire to work in the medical field. When we were done taking out the stitches, Colby kept asking for a band aid. I think he just like getting the attention from his injury. Of course he didn't learn his lesson. Later on that day, Aaron and I heard Colton and Colby yelling our names from the backyard. On the side of our house we found them standing on the top of the fence looking into the front yard. I couldn't believe my eyes. I am almost positive that there will be many more stitches to come with my little wild men!!!
Our beautiful family!
Aaron, Macray, Michelle, Colton, & Colby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment